Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: buying on ebay question.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member PhDfamily's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    125
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there, I "won" a dress up dress for my DD's hopsocth hill doll on Feb 28th. I haven't heard from the seller at all. I paid right away with pay pal. (This is only my 2nd ebay transaction, but my 3rd pay pal and it worked fine before.) I did a BIN for a homemade nightgown. Paid right away and heard from the seller with in min. She sent it out the next day and 2 days later I had it. That worked great. (I plan to buy more from her.)

    Is this normal? How long should I wait? I did try to contact her, and ask if everything was alright. I haven't heard back from her. What should I do if she doesn't do anything. (she has not accepted my pay pal payment yet.) The longer she takes, the less I want the item.

    Thanks to those who know the ins and outs of ebay!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A personal account can accept credit cards (they used to be able to at least) the fee is just A LOT higher.

    I've accepted a credit card payment to my account- and it's not a paid account. (That was last year)

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue">Paypal/Ebay have bought in a new rule where if you SELL at all on ebay you MUST accept credit card payments and have a BUSINESS/PREMIER account and pay fees on ALL transactions......

    (the reason i know this... [img]redface.gif[/img] i used to only have a personal account and said NO credit cards - when the new rule was bought in, i had 13 auctions CANCELLED because someone reported me for NOT accepting credit cards and NOT having a premier account... [img]redface.gif[/img] ) [img]frown.gif[/img] )</font>

  4. #4
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. If she is unable to accept your payment, she'll surely let you know. Does she have good feedback? If so...just hang tight.

    I recently putchased things from two different sellers, and BOTH had serious health issues that prevented them from shipping my items in a timely manner. I actually didn't even notice that the things were late...but I thought it was interesting when I got the emails from them. One fell down some stairs and hurt her back, and the other was in a car accident. So, things do happen.

    Oh...and don't pay any attention to the snotty remarks you've gotten here...some people just like to be mean!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I disagree, I don't think this is buyers remorse. I've also had this happen, and it's a bit worrying when there is NO contact what so ever. I'm fine as long as I hear from them, but in your case, I would also start to worry a bit. I've had items that I've bought that just wern't worth the headache to actually get them. I HATE to pester with e-mails, and it's disappointing when your expecting promt communication and you get nothing. I've read in auctions that the buyer must have contact within 3 days (others have 5) or the buyer has the right to relist. I think this same courtesy could be shown going the opposite direction. Just hang in there, I know it's frustrating, but chances are she has just no gotten around to looking at her e-mail yet. Good luck!

    Shanna

    edited to add

    ponydreamer I agree, sometimes I'm shocked at what comments people write when someone is just looking for a bit of reassurance. I know I've been reluctant to ask for advice on a problem before because I'm afraid I'll get some nasty comment, or have someone misinterpret what I mean and I'll get attacked. This makes me sad.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 03, 2006 01:54 PM: Message edited by: slovejoy ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aussiesmom........You are mistaken. You CAN sell on Ebay, and accept Paypal payments that are transfers from checking accounts, or existing funds.
    HOWEVER.....I

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="ROYALBLUE">"PayPal Payments Policy

    Sellers who offer PayPal as a payment option on eBay (either using logos or text in the item description) must accept all forms of PayPal payment including account balance, bank account transfer, and credit cards. Sellers must have a Premier or Business PayPal Account or be willing to upgrade from a Personal PayPal Account to a Premier or Business Account if sellers receive a credit card payment. Sellers may not communicate to buyers that they accept, or will not accept, specific forms of PayPal payment.
    Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
    Listing cancellation
    Forfeiture of eBay fees on cancelled listings
    Limits on account privileges
    Loss of PowerSeller status
    Account suspension"



    ** <u>PAYPAL PAYMENT POLICY</u> **</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AG Seamstress's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I didn't get to finish my post, and it posted.
    Here's the rest.

    HOWEVER......If you don't accept credit card payments, you are not allowed to use the Paypal logo, or mention the fact that you don't accept credit cards, only transfers. In other words, you don't mention any kind of Paypal at all. I called and personally talked to someone at Paypal, when this went into effect, and this is what I was told.....
    You can tell a bidder if they ask, and you can tell a winning bidder after the auction, you just can't put that information in your auction.
    If you do, it will get pulled, and you will lose your listing fees.
    If you use the logo, and someone wants to pay with a credit card, you can then be forced to upgrade to a Premier account.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member glenda mathews's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ebay says that you cannot list paypal as an option if you don't accept Credit Cards. You CAN sell on ebay- but if you don't want to pay fees to paypal for credit cards then you can only list bidpay, Echecks, MO, or Cashier Check as your options.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Aussiemom and AGSeamstress are you both saying the same thing??

    I am confused?? [img]confused.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •